As a Teacher
We registered yoga teachers from all traditions and stiles, whose training and teaching experience meet our standards. Yoga teachers that register with us are listed on our “Worldwide Yoga Directory” and the all social media pages as Certified Yoga Teachers and are authorized to use the logo “CYT” in profile or after their (Teacher’s) name.
Example: “Certificate of Teacher Registration & “Logo”
HOW TO APPLY, TO REGISTER AS A TEACHER?
Please create a WYA account in our website in “RTY section” by using our 1st option and submit your application with required documents with Registration fee, it is very easy way to obtain yoga teachers credentials. If you would like to become a Yoga Teacher by using our 2nd options then please check out Event page, then select your training with WYA Certified Divisions or Schools.
- Special consideration for established yoga teachers without formal certifications but with substantial teaching experience or a well-qualified Yoga Degree holder from the Indian University, required minimum 4 – 6 years’ experience in strong base of any one following topics:
- (Including: Yoga Anatomy, Philosophy, Ayurveda and Naturopathy, Therapy practice and teaching)
- Attend a yoga teacher training course offered from “WYA Certified Yoga School” (CYS). Graduates completing these courses from WYA Divisions or other WYA Certified Yoga Schools are automatically entitled to “World Yoga Alliance” certification and are registered as Certified Yoga Teachers. (CYT). They can obtain these certificates* either from their schools or directly from us.
- World Yoga Alliance certificates for yoga teachers are issued directly by WYA Head Office in India after submit your Online Application for Registration with WYA ID Number.
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO SUBMIT?
The following ancillary documents must be submitted via application or email when you apply:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Details of your yoga education, including the syllabus and other educational areas
- Details about your teaching experience
- Your view about being certified by WYA is important to you. (Within 100 words)
- A copy of all relevant awards or certificates of attendance. (Including: The Yoga retreats, Workshops, Seminars, Certificate Courses, Degree, Diploma Documents, competitions attended certificates etc.) “Or” A certified true copy of Letter of Recommendation from your yoga teacher
- Please submit any other relevant documents that maybe helpful for your application.
FEES AND PAYMENT
- Fees for Teacher Registration: € 250 (Euro)
This is a non-refundable application fee with one-time registration fee. We don’t take any annual renewal fees.
Applicants are advised to make payment for the one-time registration fee upon approval of application. The “Certificate of Teacher Registration” is couriered to the yoga school upon receiving full payment.
The assessment process involves a thorough review by the WYA standards committee. The online meeting will be arranged in Skype, it may be necessary for the standards committee to raise questions or seek clarification about the application. The whole processing will complete around 4 weeks.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR WYA CERTIFIED TEACHER
This code of conduct is the statement of ethical and professional behavior, which is all WYA certified yoga teachers undertake to respect and comply in full.
- Respect the privacy and personal rights of all students, regardless of age, handicap, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion.
- Follow the traditional principles of yoga as it is written in the Yamas and Niyamas.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable and clean for the practice of yoga class.
- Recognize the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and, where appropriate, refer students with a specialized monitor.
- Avoid words and actions that can be considered sexual harassment.
- Follow all local and national laws that apply to teaching yoga and business.