As a School
We registered yoga schools from all traditions and stiles, whose teacher training courses from 100 hours to 500-hour or above level (Including all levels) meet our standards.
Yoga schools that register with us are listed on our “Worldwide Yoga Directory” and all social media pages as Certified Yoga Schools and are authorized to use the initials/Logo “CYS” in profile or after their (school’s) name. Certified yoga schools provide yoga teacher training courses that meet our training standards, and are entitled to deliver World Yoga Alliance certification by WYA Divisions or Head office.
HOW TO APPLY, TO REGISTER AS A SCHOOL?
Please submit your “CYS- Application” with required documents. Once you are notified that your all documents have been reviewed successfully by WYA administration and approved, you can submit your required registration fee by Bank transfer or you can have an option to pay your payment with application form via PayPal account.
(This onetime fee for a life-time membership and certification by World Yoga Alliance)
Your teaching experience & yoga knowledge will be required and then during the Assessment process an online meeting will be arranged in Skype, in the meeting you may be asked to demonstrate your knowledge of yoga before the certificate can be issued.
Yoga schools that wish to register with us and use the title and mark of Certified Yoga School “CYS” of WYA, must submit their all documents for review and agree to maintain a curriculum that meets our worldwide standards.
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO SUBMIT?
The following ancillary documents must be submitted via application or email when you apply:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for the Director or the primary instructor, if the director is not involved in the yoga teacher training course and any other supporting yoga instructor. Photocopies of relevant diplomas and certificates must be submitted.
- Details of history of the yoga school and a short description of the style and tradition of yoga that your school provides yoga in the yoga teacher training course(s).
- A copy of training syllabus for the yoga teacher training course(s), indicating clearly educational areas to cover, total number of contact and non-contact hours for each educational area.
- A copy of yoga teacher training course schedule/time table.
- A copy of “Code of Ethics” for the yoga teacher training courses. (Registered yoga schools must include their Code of Ethics in their curriculum and set a good example for their students)
- A copy of student enrollment form, which must clearly indicate the prerequisites of enrollment, educational qualifications and yoga experience of the student.
- Please submit any brochures, catalogues, marketing and advertising materials that are used for promoting the yoga teacher training courses.
- Please submit any other relevant documents that maybe helpful for the application.
FEES AND PAYMENT
- Fees for only School/Studio/Center/Institution Registration: € 250 (Euro)
- Fees for Special Registration (Both – School with one Teacher) : € 400 (Euro)
This is a non-refundable application fee with one-time registration fee. We don’t take any annual renewal fees.
Applicants are advised to make payment for the one-time registration fee upon approval of application. The “Certificate of School Registration” is couriered to the yoga school upon receiving full payment.
The assessment process involves a thorough review by the WYA standards committee. The online meeting will be arranged in Skype, it may be necessary for the standards committee to raise questions or seek clarification about the application. The whole processing will complete around 4 weeks.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR WYA CERTIFIED SCHOOL
This code of conduct is the statement of ethical and professional behavior, which is all WYA certified yoga schools undertake to respect and comply in full.
- Respect the privacy and personal rights of all students, regardless of age, handicap, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion.
- Follow the traditional principles of yoga as it is written in the Yamas and Niyamas.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable and clean for the practice of yoga room.
- Recognize the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and, where appropriate, refer students with a specialized monitor.
- Avoid words and actions that can be considered sexual harassment.
- Follow all local and national laws that apply to teaching yoga and business.